Welcome to the Lake Forest Kennel Club
Where our employees are dedicated to your pet’s health & safety!
At the Lake Forest Kennel Club, your pet’s health and well being is the cornerstone of all of our pet care practices. Happy, healthy pets and satisfied pet owners are our number one priority!
The recent rise in popularity of dog social activites in the form of playdates, dog parks, dog daycares and play group sessions requires that humans learn how to “speak dog.” We recognize the need for this valuable information as pet care professional. All of our staff undergo formal training to learn how to properly screen and evaluate dogs for daycare and playgroups as this is critical to providing safe off-leash play services. At the Lake Forest Kennel Club we share a passion for the safety of all creatures!
Our staff is also Pet CPR & First Aid certified! Every 2 years we enroll our employees in a CPR & First Aid class where we learn:
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, poisoning, burns, choking and more
- How to perform the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats
Our goal is to ensure both physical health and emotional well-being off all pets that come to our facility!